Syncing Business Accountz over two computers

Syncing Business Accountz over two computers

Postby EMT Wimbledon » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:00 pm

I have the software installed on my main Mac but want to be able to use on my laptop when away from my desk. Has anyone tried this with DropBox or have another tried and tested way of doing this?

I'd be most grateful for any advice and tips that may be on offer!

Thanks.
EMT Wimbledon

Re: Syncing Business Accountz over two computers

Postby Mick » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:43 pm

I sync lots of data - not all - between my desk machine and my laptop when I need to be away. I use ChronoSync from Econ Technologies, which I find very good. It's best if you don't use both machines between syncs though - use your desk machine, then sync to the laptop and only use the laptop until you sync back to the desk machine. I sync the whole Business Accounts folder.
Mick
Expert

Postby gareth » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:55 am

I'm specifically interested in the dropbox option too ( I use Linux) .

I want to have access from my Desktop, laptop and wife's laptop.
gareth

Postby gsb2010 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi

Is it possible to have the accounts data on a server and connect to that so if you have the software on two machines you only need one database?

Have just purchased the basic version for now.
gsb2010

Postby Mick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:18 pm

gareth & gsb2010 - that will probably work as long as you don't try to access from more than one machine at a time. There is a multi-user version available which would certainly work.
Mick
Expert

Postby gsb2010 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi Mick

Do you have the link for the multi-user version as I would like to upgrade to that? If not what do I need to move to the server and how do I point the software to find it on the server?

Thanks
gsb2010

Postby Mick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm afraid I don't use a server, only a stand alone version (I can't afford staff!) but if you contact (phone?) Accountz and ask for Kav or Umesh I'm sure they'll talk you through the upgrade and where to store files.
Mick
Expert

Postby Kate » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:42 pm

FYI Update on Dropbox: please note we do not recommend that you use Dropbox to save your Business Accountz work files, backup files or for the installation of Business Accountz 2012. This is because of the different way that the synchronisation works in the two systems which can result in the corruption of Business Accountz files. Therefore we recommend that users save their backups on an external hard drive or use our Accountz Cloud Backup and Recovery feature (more on this soon!).
Accountz Team
Kate

Postby gtulloch77 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 pm

I am very new to this forum and am interested about syncing my desktop to my laptop with Chronosync which is mentioned before but wondering how it works. Does it sync automatically or do you have to do it manually? Can I do work on my desktop and then do work on the laptop the next day and all the information still be in sync with each other?
Would like to hear more from Mic about this.
Kend regards
Gordon
gtulloch77

Return to Mac OSX