Problem editing template

You may not have done anything wrong, but if you're in a pickle, don't get in a stew. This forum is here to help.

Problem editing template

Postby mikefris » Tue May 23, 2017 3:24 pm

I'm having a problem editing the VAT Return template.

See attached.

I know how to edit the template but something has gone wrong somewhere.

The no. 5 doesn't appear, although I've set the text colour as FFFFFF for that box. Also, the line on the left hand side is missing on the second box down.
Attachments
template.jpeg
template.jpeg (79.83 KiB) Viewed 171 times
mikefris

Re: Problem editing template

Postby cook708 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:33 pm

(a) It seems possible that the number has the Transparency setting at 100 instead of 0 (arrowed item in my screenshot).

(b) The loss of the left end of the box could be that a white fill for the rectangle (highlighted in my screenshot) is overlapping that end. If so, setting the transparency of that white fill to 100, or adjusting the Position:Left may do the trick.

template-edit.jpg
template-edit.jpg (7.62 KiB) Viewed 169 times

Frank
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; Business Accountz v3 Enterprise.
cook708

Postby mikefris » Wed May 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Frank,

I tried that but it didn't work.

The settings are the same as the other equivalent boxes (Rectangle and Text), which makes it a mystery as to why I have this problem.

Could it be a glitch?

Is there any way I can revert to the default template for the VAT Return and start afresh?
mikefris

Postby cook708 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Resetting templates is explained here. Basically it hides all the edited templates and shows just the default ones. One can then reactivate any of the hidden ones by ticking the 'Show inactive' box toward the top right of the Templates screen, and re-ticking in the Active column the previously edited ones that are to be kept alive.

The default VAT return template looks OK to me, and I think that the template editing facilities are somewhat arcane in Business Accountz. I think it would be very difficult to be absolutely certain that all the setting were exactly the same, but, if that is certain, it would seem to be a glitch.

Frank
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; Business Accountz v3 Enterprise.
cook708

Return to Help, what have I done wrong?