Online Vat submission failed?

If you are not sure how to enter a tricky looking transaction in Business Accountz, or are just plain stuck, ask your question here.

Online Vat submission failed?

Postby andrewacross » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:40 am

Hi,
I have completed my current vat return on line as usual. When I tried submitting, a message came up that said something along the lines of HMRC not responding, please try again later. However, I have checked on HMRC and the submission has been received and I have an email confirming this too. Unfortunately, the process does not appear to have been completed in Accountz and there is nothing for this return in the VAT history, and the relevant dates remain unlocked. I have tried locking the dates to see if this would complete the process, but it has not done so. If I try to re-submit the Vat return online, I get an error message from HMRC to say that it has already been received. How can I get Accountz to complete the return process so that it shows up in the return history?

Many thanks,

Andrew
andrewacross

Re: Online Vat submission failed?

Postby Helen Linley » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Dear Andrew,

Can you please let me know which version of Business Accountz you are using?

Regards

Helen
Helen Linley

Postby andrewacross » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello Helen,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I have Business Accountz Basic 2012. I realise this is out of date and unsupported, but the business is a sideline that is not really doing much right now, but I am preparing to get it back up and running sometime in the new year. The VAT was debited, so the submission definitely worked. It is just showing as not completed on the Accountz side.

Kind regards,

Andrew
andrewacross

Postby andrewacross » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Hello Helen,

Happy New Year!

Could you please let me know re the above, as we are now preparing our next vat return.

Many Thanks,

Andrew
andrewacross

Postby Helen Linley » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Dear Andrew,

Your issue could be due to an internet drop during submission or that your unsupported version no longer accepts responses from HMRC?

Regards

Helen
Helen Linley

Postby andrewacross » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:30 pm

Hello Helen,

Thanks for the quick reply. OK, understood, but is there a way to update Accountz so it shows the VAT as completed? Presumably when it works normally, it fires off some script that does all the account updates? Or, will the next submission (if I can do it, given the accounts are currently 'stuck') update everything? I am not sure I will get the correct figures?

I realise we will need to upgrade, but I was hoping we could wait until the financial YE (March) so will need to do current VAT and then March's. Would then just start new FY on new system.

Many thanks,

Andrew
andrewacross

Postby Helen Linley » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi Andrew,

As I am not sure of the error in your installation (or if there is one?) So I can't really say what to do.

There is no way in Business Accountz to manually state that the submission has been sent and received except by the submission receipt from HMRC. As you have checked with them that they have received your submission then I would not worry.

You can upgrade to a supported product at any time. You do not have to re-enter any information when upgrading just open a backup in the new installation and enter the new licence key.

Please email support@accountz.com for information on this.

Regards

Helen
Helen Linley

Return to How do you do that?