Automated Purchases - tax date

All developers strive to make bug free softare [sic -ed], but sometimes, try as we might, something doesn't work on all configurations. This forum will help you if you have an installation, upgrade or restore problem.

Automated Purchases - tax date

Postby ElainH » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:58 am

Please could you let me know how to set the tax date in automated purchases as I keep getting the following error:

"Application could not enter transaction because: Tax Date has not been set."

I have looked at the column options and tax date does not appear to be one of them. I have other automated purchases working OK but can't seem to add a new one.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
ElainH

Re: Automated Purchases - tax date

Postby cook708 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:39 am

It seems to me that the 'Tax Date' for Automated Purchases would be the date on which the Automated Transaction 'fired' (the meaning of Tax Date is mentioned here).

I would therefore be inclined to examine the automated line to check the details in the columns that determine what is shown in the Next Date Due column (i.e. Start Date, Period, Total Insertions, and Insertions Done). The attached screenshot shows how I managed to induce that error by not completing the Total Insertions column.

error-nxp.jpg
error-nxp.jpg (45.44 KiB) Viewed 67 times

If that doesn't reveal the problem, I would wonder whether some glitch occurred when completing the first three of those columns, and
(a) delete the problem Automated Purchases line, and
(b) try setting it up again.

If that failed to do the trick, I would email support@accountz.com.

Frank
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; Business Accountz v3 Enterprise.
cook708

Re: Automated Purchases - tax date

Postby ElainH » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:18 am

Thanks for that - I hadn't added the total number of insertions :oops: . The tax date error message threw me, it should've said enter total insertions rather than Tax Date not set, although to be fair if I had done it correctly it wouldn't have thrown up any error message!
ElainH

Return to Troubleshooting